Einsteigerhilfen, Taktiken, Strategien, Fragen zum Spiel, Tipps

Moderatoren: PanzerLiga-Team, SC-Spezies

Antworten
Amadeus
Winter Tournament (English please)

Beitrag von Amadeus »

Bild
To all players of the tournament,

We have 22 participants in our Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Fall Weiss tournament and we play in 8 groups with 3 players in each group. So every player makes at least 2 games in tournament. You can play both games at the same time or one game after the other. The best 8 players will be seeded as a group header, Doc.Paladin, Dragon, Dschoh, Amadeus, Clausewitz, Zeke Tucker, ??, ??. Take a look at the draw below. When all games of the group phase are played the best 16 players (The 2 better player of each group) go in the play offs, quarterfinal, semifinal and big final.

(Default) Rules when nothing is arranged by the players

- Mirror games
- Play by Email
- Cairo as the default British Capital (because it is the default script of the game)
- Deadline to finish the two group games is about End of February 2010

The Target date has to be verified later if it works for the tournament. In our forum I will create an international (English) subpart for all players to communicate additional information like the target date, results or upcoming news. That was a request of some players to take part more easily.

I will mail you after some weeks to get a good overview of the tournament. One more thing I want to ask you. When you finish your game you may report this to me too? Winner, time/turns.
Zuletzt geändert von Amadeus am Mo 11. Okt 2010, 16:35, insgesamt 8-mal geändert.
“Die Größe eines Menschen zeigt sich nicht an seinem Reichtum, sondern an seiner Integrität und seiner Fähigkeit, seine Umwelt positiv zu beeinflussen.“ - Bob Marley

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

As one player told me some of you may play the "old" 1.05 Version of SC2 Waepons and Warfare. It would be better I think we all play the newest Update for WaW 1.06

Thank you.

btw Kaaresus has sign in. So by now 22 maybe 23 Players plays the tournament. We will start next weekend. In the meanwhile I try to make a good final draw together with Terif. I am happy that he is in the backround as a chairman and help if problems appear. :anbet:
“Die Größe eines Menschen zeigt sich nicht an seinem Reichtum, sondern an seiner Integrität und seiner Fähigkeit, seine Umwelt positiv zu beeinflussen.“ - Bob Marley

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

I just send the concept of the final draw of the tournament to Terif. As a chairman he will controll seeded players and skill of all participants. If everything is fine we can start at the upcoming weekend.

I am looking forward for an exciting Tournament. :tiger: :tiger: :rip1: :weiszeflagge1: :SharkN: :handsup: :need: :motz:

Clausewitz
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von Clausewitz »

Thank you for update. I would encourage English speaking players to post progress reports so we can all enjoy many of the matches. :D

Dschoh
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von Dschoh »

Clausewitz hat geschrieben:Thank you for update. I would encourage English speaking players to post progress reports so we can all enjoy many of the matches. :D
Well, make yourself an example by writing an after action report. Last tournament there were not many reports to read from you or other English speaking player. ;)

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Clausewitz hat geschrieben:Thank you for update. I would encourage English speaking players to post progress reports so we can all enjoy many of the matches. :D
That would be very nice and useful. We start with 8 groups and (if everything works) 24 gamepairs in first round. So it may be difficult to keep the overview for me and you guys too.

Different issue: Last sign in comes from Australia, Pacestick. Welcome to Panzerliga! :juhu: :streichel: :4576:

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Miraculix has just sign in for the tournament. And now we are 25 players, wow. More than last year!!

But now I have to be creative because 25 doesn't fit in 8 groups. :gaga:

One group will have 4 participants I think and anyhow 2 games for the four players. I think I will take Group F, so I have the possibility to move by myself if anyone in any group surrenders in first round before playing till the end.

25 Players!!! I ask Terif if the winner gets more extrapoints for the ladder! :tiger: :123: :3rc:

I would like to point out that only 5 players, Dragon, Dschoh, Amadeus, Realbilly and Willibald speak German and English. So if any difficulties with understanding take place be kind and ask us. :D

Dschoh
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von Dschoh »

Amadeus hat geschrieben:I would like to point out that only 5 players, Dragon, Dschoh, Amadeus, Realbilly and Willibald speak German and English. So if any difficulties with understanding take place be kind and ask us. :D
Miraculix speaks English as well. :)

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

He will need it occasionally. :D

Let the games begin. :tiger: :tiger:

BPIN
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von BPIN »

Hi all,

Im very happy to fight again in your tournament.

Hope to get, at least, to quarter!!! :angst:

Regards,

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Till now everything works fine. All players are satisfied with group assignment but this night I received an Email from Minty who wants to play as No. 26 in the tournament. :gaga:

Maybe it won't work this time maybe only as a substitute but if anyone has an idea I would be glad. :roll:

Dragon
Nachwuchsromancier
Beitrag von Dragon »

Ist natürlich schade, aber na ja, irgendwann fängt man halt mit dem Turnier an.... und wer zu spät kommt..... :(

Haben in unserer Gruppe auch schon angefangen.... Wenn in einer Gruppe noch nicht angefangen wurde kannst Du natürlich noch eine vierer Gruppe bilden. Am besten mal schnell bei den einzelnen Gruppen nachfragen.... wäre ja schon schade gerade auch einen neuen Spieler nicht die Möglichkeit zu geben daran teil zu nehmen.

BPIN
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von BPIN »

English, please!!! :bier2:

Clausewitz
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von Clausewitz »

Both ShaunB and BPIN from my bracket have agreed to post action reports along with me. They will be located in SC2 AAR :)

Dschoh
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von Dschoh »

This is my first time playing against the German version. The British B.E.F. unit is only a 5 instead of a 10 in the English version. What other differances are there?
Thats a question from Kaaresus. I'm a little surprised, are there differences between the German and English version of WaW? Does someone know the differences? Till now I though both versions are all about the same.

Clausewitz
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von Clausewitz »

I am not knowledgeable about German version. However if I understand question the HQ at 5 vs 10 was a change between 1.05 and 1.06 along with a little more opening MPPs for Britian.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Oh, that is easy. You only have to check "version notes.txt" in your Weapons and warfare folder:

Players, please update to 1.06

v1.06

GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- air units can no longer land and paratroops can no longer drop in rain/snow/sandstorm tiles (Armuss)
- fixed a tile control update error (Armuss, MJY)
- fixed a submarine movement and surprise contact error (Bill R., Gunnar, Kevin)
- fixed an error where a minor may switch sides when its parent is declared war upon (Nupremal)
- fixed a right click Paratroops error that did not always allow it to 'Prepare' for customized campaigns (Nupremal)

EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
- reduced BEF to strength 5 from 10 with 44 MPP compensation to the UK (Sombra)- removed tactical bomber from German P/Q and replaced it with a Tank Group (Gunnar)
- fixed an HQ/Amphibous Transport MPP error that occasionally provided free MPPs when transporting HQs (Bill R.)

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

First result of the first round is reported.

Group A: Doc Paladin vs. PanzerBär 24:5

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Next results of the first round

Group F: Amadeus vs. Epic 11:8
Group B: Dragon vs. Wen gea aena 24:5
Group C: Dschoh vs. Trooper1 16:3
Group A: Doc Paladin vs. Constan 16:13
Group F: Amadeus vs. Pacestick 20:4
Group A: Constan vs. Panzer-Bär 24:5
Group E: Isnogud vs. Zeke Tucker 20:4
Group D: Clausewitz vs. ShaunB 20:4
Group F: Yeremenko vs. Pacestick 16:3

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

More results of the first round

Group B: Dragon vs. Don 16:3
Group E: Javi vs. Isnogud 15:7
Group C: Dschoh vs. Kaaresus 16:3
Group E: Javi vs. Zeke tucker 16:3
Group G: Excalibur vs. tman 16:3
Group D: BPIN vs. ShaunB 16:3
Group D: Clausewitz vs. BPIN 16:13

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Newest Results:

Group F: Yeremenko vs. Epic 20:4
Group C: Kaaresusvs. Trooper1 16:3

That means Group F has completely finished and for me it is an honor to play the probably best Player at Panzerliga, Dschoh.

Round sixteen: Dschoh vs. Amadeus

Additional games in the PlayOffs

Round sixteen: Yeremenko vs. Kaaresus
Round sixteen: Clausewitz vs. Isnogud
Round sixteen: Javi vs. BPIN

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Dear Players,

The ending time for playing the first round is near and the tournament should go on. What about your lasting games?

Because of the near end of date, I submit you guys the following proceeding to go on.

The games may be played and finished without any hurry. For the Tournament we need at least one guy who can’t play on. Sorry!

Either one of yours retreats or I ask you to send your last sav-files to our referee terif@panzerliga.de. If one of you guys retreat for the tournament because of the game situation or any other case the result for our ladder system should counted quite normal as usual after finishing the mirror.

After Terif has to decided which player is the winner we have an updated table and could start the Playoffs. Maybe you play on and the games could be turned to another result but that won’t change the fixture for the upcoming round sixteen.

Not even the best answer for a single game but I consider it best in case for the tournament.

If one of you has a (maybe better) plan to come to an end please give us a call. A counterproposal within a timetable to solve our small problem is needed anyway.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Fritz hat geschrieben:I think it is unlikely I will win my game, so I will concede for the tournament. However, I do want to keep playing, as I never surrender, and would like to think I still have a chance to pull it out! I have been the reason for the delay mostly.

Excalibur
Bildleser
Beitrag von Excalibur »

Tournament: Fritz vs. Excalibur
The delay was also my fault. It was a very hard but interesting game.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Unusual situation in group G: It looks like Fritz only play(ed) one mirror with Excalibur but not against tman.

Excalibur played tman and have a interesting fight with Fritz.

No information from tman so far.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Hi Players,

there was a little problem in group G in playing or not playing all games that are required. We have not the time to start new and will go ahead with the active players. tman already lost one game and does not answer my request for possible actions to play the playoffs.

It is always better to play for a result but in case of our time table I set up group G and H as follows.

1. Excalibur
2. Fritz
3. tman

1. Miraculix
2. Willibald
3. Realbilly

Next fixtures for the tournament are

Excalibur vs. Wen gea aena
Fritz vs. Dragon
Miraculix vs. Constan
Doc Paladin vs. Willibald

Good luck for all ;-)

Regards Amadeus

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Isnogud shortly retreat from the tournament and we have so much time to play in the round sixteen. Because of that we will give Epic as 3 rd of the group F (only group with 4 opponents) the opportunity to play Clausewitz in substitution for Isnogud.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Long time ago since the last update for the tournament. But now Excalibur has just reached the Quarter.

Excalibur vs. Wen gea aena 16:3

Congratulation!! Next opponent is either Miraculix or Constan. Tournament is already updated too.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

OK, next result in the Playoffs and a complete match is ready to play.

Epic beats Clausewitz in a tight match. Congratulation!!

First match to play in the Quarter Final

Dschoh vs. Epic
Zuletzt geändert von Amadeus am Di 4. Mai 2010, 07:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Next tight match. Dragon beats Fritz

He is waiting for the next opponent, Doc Paladin or Willibald

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

On last wednesday BPIN reportet his victory and reaches the next round. Congratulation!!

Next Opponent ist the winner of Kaaresus vs. Yeremenko

Today 05-04 Doc finished his game against Willibald.

Next complete match in Quarterfinal

Doc Paladin vs. Dragon

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Hi guys,

only one game is left to finish the last round. I already mail you and so anybody knows who is playing against whom.

I wish you a good tournament and of cource some good AAR's.

Last round I have much fun with the AAR

JAVI vs. BPIN

Good work, go ahead! :bier2:

Regards Amadeus

BPIN
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von BPIN »

Thanks Amadeus,

I will try to make something similar in my new game againts Yeremenko, it depends on how much free time i had!

Cheers mates! :bier2:

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von jon_j_rambo »

Damn guys, this is a badass tournament. I love the bracket & English spreaking.
"The Lord is my shield, and He in whom I trust"

BPIN
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von BPIN »

badass
What the hell is "badass"?

Greetings, Rambo, long time ago i didn't heard from you.

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

BPIN hat geschrieben:
badass

"badass" is slang for something that is "good". The original uses comes from the negroes when they starting using "bad" to mean "good" :)

badass = kick ass, good, tough, manly, cool.

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

BPIN hat geschrieben:
badass

So if I said: Rafael Nadal is a badass tennis player. That means he is the best or top player.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Hey Rambo,

maybe the best "badass" could play against you? Many players of the battlefront community says you are the best player after the retreat of Terif.

What do you think? Are you ready to kick ass or to be kicked?

BPIN
Sonntagsschreiber
Beitrag von BPIN »

jon_j_rambo hat geschrieben:
BPIN hat geschrieben:
badass

"badass" is slang for something that is "good". The original uses comes from the negroes when they starting using "bad" to mean "good" :)

badass = kick ass, good, tough, manly, cool.
Oh, thank your for the free lesson! :bier2:

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

Amadeus hat geschrieben:Hey Rambo,

maybe the best "badass" could play against you? Many players of the battlefront community says you are the best player after the retreat of Terif.

What do you think? Are you ready to kick ass or to be kicked?
My musical friend Amadeus, it has been some years. I'm currently playing SC-Global in a limited manner. Is anybody on Panzerliga playing that version? Do you know who my avatar is of?

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Hey Rambo,

you are well known in the Panzerliga and of course I know Elvis. There are a couple of guys who playing GC. In the semifinal of the tournament Dschoh and Dragon play GC "World at War" instead of WaW "Fall Weiss". You already watch their AAR in the Forum. So they are maybe able to be a good opponent against an unbeatable Legend. Same thing with BPIN, he is a very good player and able to kick **

I would love to watch an AAR about a legend game.

:D

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

Elvis my all-time favorite since I was 3 years old. My Dad gave me the choice of either going to an Elvis concert in Detroit or going to Disney World in Orlando, Florida.....I picked going to Disney World. Shortly after, Elvis died. I've been to Graceland twice. Elvis is my all-time favorite. I have all his albums & movies.

My favorite classical masterpiece is Handel's Messiah, I take my family every year at Christmas.

I played alot of SC-Pacific but ONLY the Vypuero World Campaign, because the base game was very boring. A smart player as USA would just wait, build up, then crush Japan in the end, no way to lose. I'm trying to find opponents for SC-Global (any campaign). I am playing a mirrored game against Vypuero on PBEM, we do a turn each per day.

I've always been a guest kind of guy on PanzerLiga, but your league & players seem to like to game. The language barrier slows me down with bad translations on yahoo or google.

Cheers,
-JJR

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

@Anybody here --- Hey, if you'd like to have a big match AAR on Center Court Battlefront that would be awesome. We can build up some smack like UFC cage fighting. I would do AAR here, but obviously I'm English bound.

My challenge. You can pick scenario, I pick side.......Or the other way around :)

Dschoh
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von Dschoh »

Dragon steht im Finale, ich gebe auf. Grats.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

What about a game

Dragon vs. Rambo (Panzerliga vs. Battlefront)

Dragon seems to have time till his opponent for the final is ready.

Amadeus
Beitrag von Amadeus »

Back to tournament!!

Excalibur vs. Yeremenko

It last some times but now we are thru.

The 2nd semi final of our tournament.

Excalibur beats Miraculix and now play against Yeremenko! The tournament table is up to date!

AND - Dragon still waits for the opponent in his Big Final

Antworten