SC Tourney [Round 4] Rambo vs. zero_g

Berichte über Eure Pixelschlachten

Moderatoren: PanzerLiga-Team, SC-Spezies

Antworten
zero_g
Freizeit-Goethe
SC Tourney [Round 4] Rambo vs. zero_g

Beitrag von zero_g »

Second tourney, second time i have to face the American legend.

Today we arranged the times and conditions of our game.

- Bidsystem 1/5/30
- No AA-Research
- No Rom-Gambit
- Major landing rule

Rambo got Axis, Bid 260 adding the bonus of 25, will result in an effective Bid of 285. (285/1425/8550)

The same Bid like last time, but now in 1/5/30.
Will there be R.A.C.K. again ??? Will there be another Turkey-Invasion ??? Or even some RAI ???

more to come .....

Agreed game time: Thursday, November 24th.
(0600 Pacific Coast Time United States) = (1500 German time)

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von jon_j_rambo »

Zero_g has placed the crosshairs upon me (see picture below). I was forced into a monster record bid, because I know Zero_g is a subset of Yodl's Panzerliga following & knows the cookie cutter. I'm sure he's read the DragonGerman files regarding the RAI, so that wasn't a choice either. This is the 4th round of the tourney, I can't expect to win with longshot strategies.

Bild

Zero_g also defeated me in a previous tourney when I took him for granted with a weak sub/RACK play. Not sure about his nickname, sounds more Japanese Zero than German. Anyhow, I know he's geared up for our game.

For sure this game will have the attention of the crowd here, the Yankee Legend must prove himself deep into the tourney, the bid does concern me! Also, this is being played early morning Thanksgiving, the Legend's All-Time favorite Holiday.
"The Lord is my shield, and He in whom I trust"

Königstiger
Call me Admin
Beitrag von Königstiger »

Rather huge bid this will be a tough game for axis.

Well at least i m watching this one but i doubt there will be a crowd ...to silent is PL-Forum nowadays..... :angst: but obviously there is a good number of silent watchers to lazy to write, love it to sniff arround as the counter for visitors is rising and rising.

Good luck and have fun.

Pfeiffer
Mr. Duden
Beitrag von Pfeiffer »

this will be a very interesting game with that record bid :oops:
kein Mitleid mit von der dunklen Seite verführten Wikingern

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

Well, this one is over. With the large bid I went with:

1) Allowed Allies to take LC on turn #2
2) Went for Scando gambit
3) Needed to delay USA/Russian entrance until the last moment (Dec.41)
4) Took Paris in November '40
5) Had Norway & Sweden by June '40
6) Only had 6 LF units
7) Jets+3
8) LR+2
9) Built nothing but Armies, Tanks, & HQ's
10) Trashed Russians at Barby upfront
11) Focused on getting pass Dneiper River line

Maybe some more details later.....off for Thanksgiving family dinner.

nordic man
Gutenberg jr.
Beitrag von nordic man »

:D game is still on the run? Or did you finish?
Ein Herz für Aliens....

nordic man
Gutenberg jr.
Beitrag von nordic man »

:lol: @ rambo heard this was your perfekt game so maybe we meet each other sometimes somewhere. :D
Ein Herz für Aliens....

zero_g
Freizeit-Goethe
Beitrag von zero_g »

Short summary of the game.

Got lessons in tactics, feints and a perfect Axis game play.

Poland and Denmark round two. Axis didn't´t attack LC in round two, but i did. Unfortunately i decided to give the plunder to the french. Rambo surprised me with the "LC-Gambit" and the Skando attack, which i never had played before. Three turns after i took LC, Italy declared war to the allies and the Axis got the needed ground units to secure the Munich area and its AF stationed in northern Germany. Allied troops had to withdrawn to the Maginot and Rhine Line. Meanwhile 6 German Level 1 AF worked on my units.

Paris felt in Nov. or Dec. 40. I saved 8 french corps and the Canadian and the British army. I put a tank in London the prevent the well trained German AF to force intercepts. Africa was a short story, cos only one additional corps had arrived in time.

Early Axis minors and early tech (LR2) prevented any other interventions.
Report showed up to 12 Axis naval units, combined with the powerful "Luftwaffe" i feared Sealion or the "North Atlantic Tactic". GB was forced to sit back and save some MPP. Rambo only took Spain before Barbarossa and delayed the US entry to October 41. Meanwhile 5 German AF (LR2, Jet2) had arrived at the Channel and did some huge damage to my Level 1 AF.

December 41 Barbarossa .... well .... all additional German naval units seemed to be transports and a powerful German army attacked Russia. About 10 Armies, 8 Tanks, 6 HQ´s and a bunch of corps entered Russia.

Western Allies switched form defence to offence but without experience and the Italian Fleet guarding Brest it took to long to set up a second front line.

Rambo but all the pressure on the Reds and forced an early breakthrough in the south heading for Sevastopol and the mines. Long-range aircraft around Odessa and the Italian forces (AT2) in Iraq denied an attack on Turkey. Russia attacked an took Finnland instead and built some heavy units to counter attack in the north and middle Russia. I did some damage but without AF support (Germany: LR2, JET3 Russia: none) it was impossible to do serious damage. Maybe the Axis had to withdrawn a bit in Russia but missing the "second front line" in the west there was no way to stop the Axis.

Really an A-Level game from Rambo, forcing me in into a "never played" scenario and the feint about Sealion totally surprised me and the solid and decisive game play in Russia was outstanding. Good Axis technology and tactics stalled me on every field.

(Sorry for any mistakes, writing in English is not my favourite hobby .....)

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

@Zero_G --- Very good summary, better than I could write. Your written English is excellent. I'm sure your spoken English has an accent, lol :) Yes, this was a game of experience in strategies, because, you didn't make any tactical mistakes. When a strategy you haven't seen occurs, it can really throw you off & make you wonder what is next. The LC-Allied allowed & Scando-Axis gambits can be quite fun.

You're a class act & a good guy. Enjoy the game, we shall meet again on the battlefield.....and for sure in SC-2, if we get the time.

Take care,
The Yankee Legend

hellraiser
Freizeit-Goethe
Beitrag von hellraiser »

@JJR ->>> Congratulations, man. You kinda shined here - focus is back, eh?
Anyway, GL in the next game, and see that you don't scratch enemy HQs, or else ... :lol:

@PL padawans - as I told you in the past, Rambo's worst enemy is not necessarily the adversary, but his focus (or lack of) - when he gets it near to 100%, you'd better work your ass off to win the game and do no mistakes, especially when he's axis.

@Zero_G - good game , dude. It is not a shame to lose against Rambo - when he means it, he really means it - an old guard veteran, kicking his butt ain't easy task at all.
Anyway you're one of the best PunkLiga players, know the tactics, know the standard game - need only some more XP to start tearing thru PL veterans.
There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of God ...

zero_g
Freizeit-Goethe
Beitrag von zero_g »

Don't be afraid, i not going to commit suicide. :)

Well, i lost but not to any wired shit. It was fun to play and experience something new. It´s nice to see, SC still has some other strategies and tricks to offer.

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister

Who do I play next?

Königstiger
Call me Admin

Since Hellraiser surrendered i play you in the semifinal...the final will be vs the winner of the loserround.

Pls note that i only play with a Longrange limit of 2 or max 3 as high LR will destroy the game and sometimes even friendships.

In case you insist having no LR limit it´s a walkover for you, as i will surrender in that case. Otherwise we could start this friday i guess you are at home arround 22-23 h my time.

hellraiser
Freizeit-Goethe
Beitrag von hellraiser »

'.....as high LR will destroy the game and sometimes even friendships.....'

LR won't destroy nothing ... losing the grip and forgetting we play only a F#$£$^ing game, yeah, this might do the job, instead ...

Anyway, GL to all the remaining players. I may get in touch and play some games with some of you folks, once SC2 is out.

With this said, Hellraiser steps out of the SC 1 world with his head up - lots of trophies collected, each and every top dog succesfully dealt with , collected even the Big Prize (a certain green weird looking, long eared trophy head is hanging on one of my living room's walls :D:D:D) - quite proud of my accomplishments, a lot of support from and to the beautiful community this game gathered around it and the most important, made a lot of friends (sadly, lost some as well) with whom i spent a lot of hours having fun.

Take care folks and don't you ever forget that you're playing only a game, a perfect mean to make lots of friends and have a lot of fun!!!
There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of God ...

Sombra
Mr. Duden
Beitrag von Sombra »

:( Bad thing to see Hellraiser go.....

good thing is that there are at least 6 films ...

Though Hellraiser this was only the first part right????

We only have to solve this little cube riddle here and you will be back.....

Hellraiser yes it is a game but sometimes it becomes really absorbing and I can understand that sometimes you will loose your temper... I think somebody already apologized though please don´t remember us with any hard feelings....
Rettet eure Frauen und Schafe der Nordmann kommt.

nordic man
Gutenberg jr.
Beitrag von nordic man »

;) my Brother found the right words hard to say I´m sorry maybe see you again ....GL and see y a mate :daumen:
Ein Herz für Aliens....

Königstiger
Call me Admin

@rambo

well as i did not get an answer from you so far i will have some RL plans for this W/E instead of playing SC.

Antworten