Visited with German Missionaries, very interesting!!!

Non game related questions and discussions

Moderator: PanzerLiga-Team

Antworten
jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister
Visited with German Missionaries, very interesting!!!

Beitrag von jon_j_rambo »

Hello German dudes, I had the priviledge to meet some German missionaries! I haven't heard the German language for years, since I was in school to be exact, & then only a limited time.

At church, a German missionary dude spoke. He brought slides of his experiences. He told us Hiedleburg is a very humanistic city, against the Bible as a whole. Apparently there is a college in Hiedleburg & the home of NATO?

The German dude also said there are no (not many) Christian schools in Germany, and that for awhile, you couldn't start a new church unless it was allowed by the State (German State) as an officially recognized religion (only Catholic or Protastant). He tought us about many Turks & Spanish dudes now living in Germany.

This other lady was from Switzerland & spoke French, German, & English. Apparently, Swiss chicks speak French as their first language. This German dudes family was stuck in a part of Germany that was actually given back to Poland after WW-2.

The German people also sing the SAME EXACT SONGS as we do out of the hymn book. The same beat & piano, but in German....that was cool.

The missionaries were very quiet, polite, & orderly (most are), but compared to american dudes, I don't think they were used to our brashness when speaking.

Anyhow, it was interesting to meet some German Christian dudes.

Pfeiffer
Mr. Duden
Re: Visited with German Missionaries, very interesting!!!

Beitrag von Pfeiffer »

jon_j_rambo hat geschrieben:The German people also sing the SAME EXACT SONGS as we do out of the hymn book. The same beat & piano, but in German....that was cool.
hey rambo, what do you mean where your grandfathers come from?
kein Mitleid mit von der dunklen Seite verführten Wikingern

jon_j_rambo
Bildungsminister
Beitrag von jon_j_rambo »

@Pfeiffer --- I don't understand what you are asking? What I was trying to say,"The German Christians I met, sing the same songs we do, but in the German language." The songs (hymns from the hymn book) are the same. I figured the difference in languages & meanings of words would screw up the song, but I was wrong.

I'm not related to any of these German missionary dudes, my grandparents were born in the USA. A long, long time ago, my family roots were from Germany.....and well, mixed with English & Romanian blood too.

So why do I post such subjects? Who would care? Well, new culture is all foriegn to me, I know nothing of Europe, except what I see in old war movies. I marvel at people who can speak & write in different languages, because I sure can't do it. It's interesting to hear the accents & how they view things. I'm only used to my circle of life.

Pfeiffer
Mr. Duden
Beitrag von Pfeiffer »

First: My English isn't perfect!

Most religious songs are very old and hat their roots in 17th-19th century in Europe, especially by the great componist Johann Sebastian Bach. So the most songs had their original text in german.
kein Mitleid mit von der dunklen Seite verführten Wikingern

Antworten