Moderator: PanzerLiga-Team

Antworten
Darth Vader
Nachwuchsromancier
Octoberfest

Beitrag von Darth Vader »

Hi fellow Generals!!!!

I need some logistic support, to make a perfect plan. :feier:
The point is that I am about ti go on Octoberfest with some my friends of mine from the old school dayz. We will go in the gang of 6-8 of us with rented driver.
What is my question. As far as I know Octoberfest is on the outskirts of Munchen. What I need for advice is where should I look for accommodation? What part of Munich? 5- 10 Km is fine. Any advice is very welcomed.

Is there any chances that I can meet some of you the during event?

Best regards,
Srdja (Darth)
If your advance is going well, you are walking into an ambush.

Bild

Parabellum
Bildungsminister
Re: Octoberfest

Beitrag von Parabellum »

Hi Srdja,

Unfortunately, I can give you no hints. I'm not a fan of the Oktoberfest. The beer is overpriced, the folk music gruesome, and karusell drive - for that I am too old (or too reasonable) ...
Anyway. I think for an accommodation (whether near or far from the Wies'n) you will not have a large selection. During the Oktoberfest many accommodations are booked and only a few free capacities are available.

Best regards,
Para
Bild

Darth Vader
Nachwuchsromancier

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for replay and for advice.

I am aware that the prices are higher than normal, and what to expect, more or less . Point is that my old school days friends (we are still having lunch every last Friday in the month for years) are wiling to see Oktoberfest. The idea is that 6-8 of us will go in one van (the driver is not drinking) for 1000 km, with overnight stops. :bier: With that crew, I am sure that we will have good time even if we miss Oktoberfest entirely and wake up on desert island.

I can see that problem is to book accommodation, but as I sad we will have non drinking driver, so even some 30+ km could be fine. We are still in process of planning and nothing is agreed yet.

Best regards, and thanks for response again.
Srdja

Bild

Spasteur de Mont Tonnerre
Bildungsminister

Beitrag von Spasteur de Mont Tonnerre »

...srdja...!!
fu** bavaria and its much too expensive white-beers !
(they really just drink this terrible white-beer AND they SUCK the meat out of cooked sausages .....terrible, terrible...no sensible man would do something like this..... :crazy: :D )

come into our palatinate, to the DÜRKHEIMER WURSTMARKT; the biggest wine-festival in the world.... drink sensible SCHORLE with sensible men.... :D

http://militaryingermany.com/bad-durkhe ... ival-world

greetz,
mark
Bild
Bild

Darth Vader
Nachwuchsromancier

Hi Mark,

thank you for your proposal. I have forwarded your message in complete to my friends, and we will discuss it more serious in the coming week. Especially that all but me prefer wine over beer. My personal opinion is that DÜRKHEIMER WURSTMARKT is better choice.

Also I need help, how to put the banner in my signature? I have only the link. It seems that technology is bypassing my knowledge in the high speed. :smileys30: You have explained me once, but I was not able to do it. Maybe I need step by step instructions :wall:

Best regards,
Srdja

P.S.
I can be described by a lot of attributes, but for sure, sensible is not one of them :kanister1: Also I adore Weissbier. I know that you will never approve, but wright now I am enjoying the one on the beautiful day on the terrace.

Bild

Bildungsminister

srdja_4.png
---click on the picture, and you see it in a bigger scale.... (i hope so)

...would be great, if you come to dürkheim.... :D
Bild
Bild

Darth Vader
Nachwuchsromancier

It is working :dance:

I have the banner.
Thank you Mark. :juhu:

Bild

Bildungsminister

:juhu:

....if you come to dürkheim, send me your mobile-phone number before, so we can meet there.... i can translate, explain & show you some things.... :D
Bild
Bild

Darth Vader
Nachwuchsromancier

Hi Mark,

thanks for your very kind offer. If I am going to Germany I will inform you. For now there is still a lot of time, and I can't confirm anything yet, but I have started with preparations. :-D Although I am a beer man, I am training wine endurance. I know that wine should be consumed modestly, and Dionysus instructed that wine should be mixed with water, but good shape is important to maintain concentration and enjoy flavors of every glass.

Best regards,
Srdja

Bild

Bildungsminister

:D
its the biggest wine festival in world, but i'm sure you can drink beer here, too... (without water :D )

...and maybe its a good idea, to sleep at a campingplace at dürkheim:
http://www.knauscamp.de/bad-duerkheim.html
costs 9€ per tent and person per night, but you can walk from here to wurstmarkt and back...... would be really stupid, if a very poor person must stay undrunken to drive....... ;)

:feier: :crazy: :D :dance:
Bild
Bild

Antworten