can i make the AI battle it out with me just watching?

Einsteigerhilfen, Taktiken, Strategien, Fragen zum Spiel, Tipps

Moderatoren: PanzerLiga-Team, SC-Spezies

Antworten
Morbius
ABC-Schütze
can i make the AI battle it out with me just watching?

Beitrag von Morbius »

hi everybody,
i have just modded this great game, and know id like to see the results without playing the whole campaign myself.
is there any way to let the AIs take over so i wont have to play myself?
id like to watch or at least see the final results.

thanks alot in advance for any help :)

yours,
morbius

Terif
Administrator
Beitrag von Terif »

This depends on if you made the campaign for SC2 or the expansion WaW. In SC2 the AI can not play against itself, in WaW it can by pressing F4. In WaW you also have some more options to test your scenarios - see manual:

AI
There are now 4 standard features available via the F1, F2, F3, and F4 keys that can be used when developing and testing AI scripts in game. These include:

F1-DEBUGSAVE
F2-DEBUGLOGS
F3-DEBUGANIMATION
F4-DEBUGAI

F1 key creates a ‘DEBUG’ subfolder in the ‘SAVE’ directory that creates saved game files for each turn played by both you and the AI. This can be a useful reference for when you see the AI do something unexpected, as it is now easy to go back and re-observe the AI maneuvers in action.
F2 key creates a ‘DEBUGLOGS’ folder in the installation directory that keeps track of AI Planning, Research and Diplomacy investments as well as the turn by- turn Weather information.
F3 key speeds up the AI turn by eliminating all movement and combat
animations.
F4 key allows an AI scriptwriter to have the AI play against itself. This is very handy whenever you would like to see just how balanced your AI scripts are for both sides and/or if you quickly want to observe your AI planning from both sides.

Note: These features can be turned on at any time during game play versus the AI or immediately before selecting any campaigns as this is the only way to have the AI play itself from the very first turn going forwards.

Morbius
ABC-Schütze
Beitrag von Morbius »

wow, thx alot :D

i do have the expansion, so i will certainly use these features you have just explained.
i must admit that i could have looked it up in the manual, but i tend to forget that i have one whenever i download a game ... :roll:

thx again for your help, i greatly appriciate it :)

----------------------

davon abgesehen habe ich gerade mit erstaunen festgestellt, daß es sich hier ja um ein deutschsprachiges forum handelt ...
:eek:

Amadeus
Re: can i make the AI battle it out with me just watching?

Beitrag von Amadeus »

Morbius hat geschrieben: hi everybody,
i have just modded this great game
morbius
Morbius hat geschrieben: davon abgesehen habe ich gerade mit erstaunen festgestellt, daß es sich hier ja um ein deutschsprachiges forum handelt ...
:eek:
Was hast du denn für ein Mod??? Ich suche noch gute Scenarios. Und bin sicher nicht der Einzige.

Leider gibt es nur sehr Wenige...

Morbius
ABC-Schütze
Beitrag von Morbius »

ich interessiere mich seit langem für den 2. weltkrieg und bin dabei den vorgegebenen einheitsbrei an werten möglichst an die realität anzupassen.
da kann man sich sicherlich vortrefflich drüber streiten, aber ich erstelle gerade meine version der realität :)

das wird noch einige tage oder auch 2 bis 3 wochen dauern, schätze ich.
aber dann werde ich hier gerne -- wenn das möglich ist -- eine kommetierte und erklärte version reinstellen.

das wäre sicher auch für mich iunteressant.

Antworten